A current, 4/17/13 news story. Off-site link, new window opens: http://www.pressherald.com/news/NH-Sen-Ayotte-to-vote-against-background-checks.html
- ...Even though: A majority of its citizens, including gun owners and several prominent pro-gun groups, say they support such legislation
- ...Even though: The proposal creates incentives for states to share mental health records with the nation's background check system
- ...Even though: The proposal includes sensible restrictions upon on-line and gun show sales
- ...Even though: Other dangerous/lethal implements and materials are already regulated by its government entities
- ...Even though: All constitutional amendments (in this nation) have limitations
- ... Even though: Its Second Amendment was adopted by a much-less-populated, agrarian country 220-plus years ago, when deadly (semi-)automatic rifles/handguns, high-capacity magazines (etc.) could never have been envisioned
(Image: A double drum magazine filled with 100 rounds. Similar to the Beta C-Mag. Author: Martin Meise.
his file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.)
- ...Even though: There is absolutely no "sport" in mowing down deer, squirrels and other 'varmints' with an AR-15 rifle (or similar) -- anywhere
One example of the type of "reason" that Kelly Ayotte (and other legislators of that nation) 'caved' to (excerpt, uncredited).... Paranoid/deluded comments (such as this) will be found appended to any (on-line) article covering gun regulation (legislation):
"...Libs and Dems need to remember we don't need semi automatic weapons to protect ourselves in the good times. The second amendment was put in place to allow people to protect themselves during hectic and chaotic times. Admitedly now might not be considered a high risk era. That may change, we don't know. All you people who are clamoring for more gun control, there are Mexican drug gangs pulling people out of their houses in Mexico and kidnapping and raping their women with nothign to stop them. They have weak gun control laws in Mexico which doesn't help the situation. Just because it's not happening here doesn't mean it never will in the future. Be careful to request law changes that might be very necessary in the future at some point. After the laws change, it's too late.... "
(....Now Mexican gangs will be invading, coming to YOUR street...! The mighty country's vast military forces... flee/do nothing to prevent...!! It is ALL "up to" individual
Update: Following link includes the 45 senators who (in many cases) are owned by the gun lobby and NRA, and/or couldn't give a sh*t about Newtown (and other mass-killings) ....or rampant gun violence in general. (Off-site link, new window opens: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/04/17/senate-roll-call-vote-gun-background-checks/2091625/)